Click on this symbol for help:
1. Protect your rights while you are applying for help. If you have a hearing or
deadline coming soon, do not miss it.
2. If this is an emergency, call 911.
3. Please fill this application out as the person seeking legal help. If you are helping someone else, complete it using his/her information and not yours.
4. You must meet certain conditions for us to help you:
a. You must be low income. You will need to provide your income and asset
b. Your legal problem must be a type we handle. We do not assist with
criminal cases or traffic violations.
c. The problem must be in our service area.
d. We cannot help you if we are already helping the person with whom you have the problem.
5. Completing this application does not by itself create an attorney-client
relationship or mean your case will be accepted.
6. The information we
collect here is used only to decide if you are eligible for our services.
If you do not fit or accept these conditions, you will need to find someone else
to help you with your problem. If you do not know where to get legal help, you
can call the State Bar Lawyer Referral Service at (800) 789-5747.